Ryan Seacrest: Gets restraining order
A judge granted "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest a temporary restraining order against a man arrested on suspicion of stalking him outside his workplace on Friday. The court records have revealed the information.
Seacrest's attorneys obtained the stay-away order hours after they said that Chidi Benjamin Uzomah Jr. was detained at the E! Entertainment Television headquarters in Los Angeles.
The filing claims that Uzomah was carrying a knife and was trying to see the popular television and radio host.
Twenty five year old Uzomah is on probation for another incident involving Seacrest. As per court records he pleaded guilty in Orange County, Calif., last month to three misdemeanors: carrying a switchblade knife, assault and battery. Uzomah was charged after he attacked one of Seacrest's bodyguards outside an event.
In a declaration filed on Friday Seacrest wrote, "His aggressive and violent efforts to come into physical contact with me are extremely frightening to me," "They have jeopardized not only my personal safety, but also the safety and well-being of those around me."
Police said that Ozomah was arrested and booked on suspicion of stalking. Jail records showed he remained in police custody Friday evening, held on $150,000 bail.
The filing states Uzomah tried to meet Seacrest at radio station KIIS-FM earlier this month. However Seacrest records his show at the E! Entertainment Television headquarters. Besides working as the affable host of "American Idol" Seacrest has numerous other gigs, including producing E! series such as "Keeping Up With the Kardashians."
A court hearing on whether to grant a three-year stay-away order against Uzomah will be held on 17th Nov. 17.