Angelina Jolie: 'I never think of competing with men in this business'
Angelina Jolie informed on Sunday at the Screen Actors Guild Awards about what it was like to replace Tom Cruise in an upcoming espionage thriller previously titled "Edwin A. Salt". When it comes to the roles Angelina Jolie considers playing, the actress told Access Hollywood she's not concerned whether the part was intended for a man or a woman - just that it's a "great project."
"I haven't started filming yet," Angelina said of her new project.
"But, eventually you're gonna start?" Nancy asked.
"It will be (happening), yes," the actress said of the revamped thriller.
As for the fact that she's taking over for Tom Cruise , the 33-year-old said it's not something that she ever worried about.
"I never think of competing with men in this business. I just like to do projects that I think are great projects," Angelina told Access. "But, I like the idea that a serious spy thriller about a person who's in the CIA, and deals with a lot of heavy things. It doesn't have to always be a man... I think that's a good thing."
And after she's done with the CIA movie, Angelina told Access that she is considering taking up to two years off from acting.
"I haven't worked for about 14 months or something like that, so I'll work a few months and then it's Mister's turn," she said of her partner Brad Pitt . "We always take turns working so one of us can be with the kids at home."
As for the possibility that both she and Brad will take an extended absence from the spotlight - that is still up in the air.
"We both want to," Angelina told Nancy. "I have nothing lined up after 'Salt,' so, it may be... it may be another year, it might be two, I really don't know."