Lady GaGa, Bon Jovi, Taylor Swift: Enter list of Billboard's Money Makers 2012
Country singer Taylor Swift has topped a list of the highest-earning music stars of the past 12 months.
The pretty and talented performer is joined by U2, Lady GaGa, Sade and Adele in the Top 10 of Billboard's Money Makers 2012, which aims to calculate the net earnings of an artist in the US alone.
The 23-year-old singer leads the chart with earnings of $35.7 million (£22.2m) following the success of her album Speak Now and its extensive North American tour.
Band U2 are at two with $32.1m (£20.4m), while last year's top earner Lady GaGa slips to four with $25.3m (£15.9m) after having most of the year off from touring.
This year's multiple Grammy-winner Adele is on the outskirts at number 10 with earnings of $13m (£8.2m), which is nearly entirely down to sales of her second album 21 after throat surgery forced her to cancel a string of US tour dates.
The ratings were determined by various income streams including touring, recorded music sales, publishing royalties and payments from digital services.
However, the numbers do not include money earned from sponsorships, merchandise or synchronisation deals, meaning the final figure could be significantly higher.
Here's the full list of Billboard's Top 10 Money Makers 2012:
1. Taylor Swift - $35.7 million (£22.2m)
2. U2 - $32.1 million (£20.4m)
3. Kenny Chesney - $29.8 million (£19m)
4. Lady GaGa - $25.3 million (£15.9m)
5. Lil Wayne - $23.1 million (£14.7m)
6. Bon Jovi - $19.8 million (12.6m)
7. Sade - $16.3 million (£10.3m)
8. Celine Dion - $14.2 million (£9m)
9. Jason Aldean - $13.4 million (£8.5m)
10. Adele - $13 million (£8.2m)