National Women's Friendship Day is a day set aside to remember the special women in our lives, to acknowledge and celebrate the treasures we call friends. A few ideas for Celebrating National Women's Friendship Day
- Send a card or short note to your best friend telling her how much she means to you.
- Celebrate your relationship over high tea or coffee.
- Remember a special friend with a book of poetry or fiction.
- Send a card, and perhaps a photo, to a faraway friend.
- Plan a girls' night out. Go see a movie. Make reservations for dinner.
- Visit a spa together. Make appointments for manicures. Get make-overs.
- Reconnect with a childhood friend with whom you've lost contact.
- Sign up for a cooking or gardening class.
- Plan an adventure. Go hiking, hot-air ballooning, white water rafting, etc.
- Start up a book club with close friends.
- Send flowers to your mother, sister or other relative who has also been a good friend to you.
- Plan a weekend with your former college roommate in your college town. Visit the library. Attend a football game. Go to your old hangout.
- Make plans with your good friends to volunteer at a women's shelter, soup kitchen or child advocacy program.
- Make a new friend!