Gifts of Love and Gift-Ideas
"There is only real deprivation, I've decided
and that is not to be able to give one's gifts to those one loves most."
~ May Sarton
The Best Ever Romantic Gifts of Love
Sometimes getting a gift for your
partner can feel overwhelming. How do you pick the perfect token that will
reflect how you feel? To get the answer, we asked 500 women and 250 men what
their idea of the perfect love token would be. Their answers should help clue
you in on the best way to woo your special someone!
The Top Ten
3. Engagement Ring
4. His Kisses
5. Her Love
6. His Heart
7. Love Poem
8. A Card
9. Love Letter
10. A Personalized CD
2. Her Love
3. Love Poem, Letter, Card
5. A Sensual Encounter
6. A Hug
7. Her Picture
8. Her Hand In Marriage
9. A Romantic Night
10. Her Heart
Surprise her with something unexpected...something
she actually wants! Here are few of the creative ideas some of the women we
- Flowers delivered to her work
- Personally written love poem rolled up and held
together by a ring
- A key to his heart
- Ring with your names and a special date engraved
- Locket with our or his picture in it
- A gift that reflects an personal interest, so
she'll know you understand and listen to her
- Anything handmade
- A puppy named "Kisses"
- A key to the house you will be sharing
- A new wedding band
- A picture of you
- Quality time "alone" together
- Tickets to a vacation or cruise
- A personally written love song
- A week of massages
- Sexy lingerie
- A symbol of your love
- A piece of clothing to remind her of you when
- A bubble bath followed by a massage
It isn't always easy finding the perfect romantic
gift for the man in your life. Let these ideas for the men we polled shed
a little light on what he really wants!
- An evening alone with her
- Her touch
- A pass for a day of pleasure
- For her to move in together
- A surprise trip
- An affirmation that you still love him
- An erotic love letter
- A wallet
- Something that reminds him of your first meeting
- Love coupons
- A picture of you with a poem or personal note
written on the back
- A new wedding ring
- Satin boxer shorts
Have you ever run out of gift
ideas? Here's a list of romantic gift ideas from A to Z:
- A - Albums, antiques, aphrodisiacs, artwork,
- B - Balloons, books, bubble bath
- C - Candles, cards, CDs, chocolate, cookies,
- D - Diamonds, dining out, donuts
- E - Earrings, engagement rings, erotica,
- F - Films, flowers, furs
- G - Garter belts, gemstones, gold, gourmet
recipes and gadgets, guitars
- H - Hats, Hawaiian vacations, heart-shaped
- I - Ice cream, incense, Italian vacations
- J - Jazz music, Jamaican vacations, jewelry
- K - Kiss coupons, kites
- L - Licorice, lingerie, limousine rides,
- M - Magazine subscriptions, movie tickets,
- N - Nature escapes, necklaces, nightgowns,
- O - Opera, opals, ornaments
- P - Perfume, picnic baskets, popcorn
- Q - Quiet afternoons, quilts
- R - Rings, roses, robes
- S - Satin sheets, silk shirts and shorts,
- T - Tickets, tents, time together, tools,
- U - Umbrellas, unconditional love
- V - Vacations, vases
- W - Watches, waterfall trips, weekend
- X - eXtravagant gifts and gestures
- Y - Yachts, Yukon vacations
- Z - Zoo, Zorro
Be creative and don't forget to
surprise your partner with gifts given for no other reason than a gesture
...or think this the other way
A to Z Romantic
or evening gown
stay for two
for a love hunt
for you radio dedication
from the heart
ad detailing your love for them
certificate for best honey
of the two of you
time spent with your partner
of your voice
dipped in chocolate
things you adore about your partner
or other sexy lingerie
to stay true, written and framed
home-cooked meal for two
Give your partner romantic
surprises with these 30 FREE GIFTS !
( hey, you don't need money to give these ! ! !)
- A back rub.
- A self-composed love poem.
- A single rose from your garden.
- An assortment of wild flowers.
- A web page dedication.
- A love note.
- A kiss.
- A hug.
- A whispered, "I love you!"
- Breakfast in bed.
- A love coupon.
- A homemade card.
- Sing a love song.
- A day of pampering.
- A romantic walk.
- A dance.
- A love journal.
- Do a chore for your partner.
- Read your partner a book or poem.
- A virtual card.
- A love dedication.
- A piece of clothing scented with your cologne
- Something sentimental to you.
- A drawing.
- An hour of listening.
- A night under the stars.
- An intimate encounter.
- An hour of doing whatever they want.
- A romantic bath.
- A movie for two by candlelight.
101 Reasons Why
I Love You
A very large number of romantic ideas
that have been added to this site involve writing down reasons why you love
your partner. That can sometime be, the MOST PRECIOUS LOVE GIFT. This, when
it comes to a large number of ideas, can be extremely time consuming and sometimes
difficult to be creative with. Use this list to help spark your loving imagination
and create an "ultimate" romantic gift for your love! Please note: Not all of
the items on this list will apply to your relationship. When you see one that
doesn't, just substitute it with your own reason.
- I love the way we finish each other's sentences.
- I love the way I know you'll never give up on me.
- I love the fact that I wouldn't ever give up on you.
- I love the way you look at me.
- I love how beautiful your eyes are.
- I love the way I can't imagine a day without you in
- I love the way if we were ever separated I wouldn't
know how to go on.
- I love the way we cuddle and watch sunsets together.
- I love the way we sometimes stay up all night and
just talk, then watch the sunrise together.
- I love how I know you'll always be there when I need
you to be.
- I love the fact that I will always be there for you
- I love how when I dream of my life partner, the only
person that I can see is you.
- I love how complete I feel when I am with you.
- I love how our bodies just fit together.
- I love the way you make me laugh.
- I love the way you laugh.
- I love the way you won't compromise yourself when
we are together.
- I love the way you won't let me compromise myself.
- I love your thoughtfulness.
- I love your tenderness.
- I love your ability to speak without saying a single
- I love the way we glance at each other across the
room and know what each other is thinking.
- I love the way, how even though we may be miles apart
I still feel like you're right here with me.
- I love the way you surprise me with the perfect gifts
that show you pay attention to me.
- I love the way you'll watch a sporting game with me
even though you may not be interested in it.
- I love the way you treat my friends.
- I love your love for the things that interest me.
- I love the way you let me live my life freely without
- I love how you demand respect but are not controlling.
- I love how I would do anything in this world to make
- I love how you would do anything in this world to
make me happy.
- I love the way your voice sounds over the phone.
- I love the way your voice sounds when you whisper
sweet nothings in my ear.
- I love the completeness and oneness I feel when we
- I love your sensuality.
- I love how our romance feels like the perfect romance
- I love how you are my soul mate.
- I love the way you handle troubled times.
- I love the way you respect me.
- I love the way you protect and defend me.
- I love how you feel when we cuddle.
- I love the softness of your lips against mine.
- I love the softness of your lips against my body.
- I love the feeling of your hair brushing against me
when we make love.
- I love laying in bed at night talking about nothing.
- I love waking up to find we've been cuddling together
- I love the surprises you leave for me.
- I love your intelligence.
- I love your ingenuity.
- I love your ability to make friends where ever we
- I love your love for life.
- I love your passion for your hobbies and interests.
- I love how every time I look at you, you take my breath
- I love how I thank God everyday for bringing someone
as wonderful as you into my life.
- I love the fact you gave me the gift of our children.
- I love the special moments that we shared that will
remain my fondest memories of you and I.
- I love spending the holidays with the one person I
love the most.
- I love how my heart skips a beat whenever you walk
into the room.
- I love how you love me.
- I love how I love you.
- I love the ways you choose to show your affection
- I love the way you inspire me to be more than I am.
- I love the way you spark my creativity and imagination.
- I love the way you make me feel like anything is possible
as long as I'm with you.
- I love your sense of humor.
- I love the way you make me feel like royalty.
- I love the way you dress.
- I love your understated elegance.
- I love you just the way you are.
- I love your spontaneity.
- I love our life together.
- I love how if I died right now I would be the happiest
person alive knowing I found my one true love.
- I love the fact that we will grow old together.
- I love your way with words.
- I love the way you look when you are sleeping.
- I love the way you think you look awful when you first
wake up when it is actually then I find you the most beautiful.
- I love your willingness to share everything and most
especially your heart with me.
- I love your strength of character.
- I love taking showers together.
- I love the way you leave me love notes to find whenever
- I love the way you treat me.
- I love the way you take care of us.
- I love your cooking.
- I love the way you take the time to thank me for doing
every day things.
- I love the way you show your affection when we are
around friends and/or family.
- I love the way you are not scared to show your affection
when we are in public.
- I love your confidence.
- I love your ability to make me feel better when times
- I love the way we make up after a fight.
- I love how you treat our children.
- I love the way you support me when I'm off track.
- I love the way you take the time to show me how much
you love me.
- I love your beautiful hair.
- I love your body.
- I love your openness to try new things.
- I love your ability to talk things through.
- I love your courage to be you.
- I love your greatness.
- I love the fact that you want to be with me and only
- I love how I am and feel when I am with you!
- I love you for you!
15 Free Romantic Gifts
(...try these... you don't need to buy them,
but they are precious ! ! !)
- Your love.
- You with a bow.
- Time with you.
- A romantic evening you planned.
- A full day with you.
- A kiss.
- An I love you.
- A hug.
- A full day of pampering.
- A romantic candlelight dinner.
- An original love poem.
- A love letter.
- Be close together.
- An agreement to be married.
- Your heart.
Romantic Love Gifts with Quick
There is certainly something wonderful about receiving
a homemade gift from your love. There is something even better when it's a
tasty treat! Surprise your love with one of these quick and easy gifts.
- A bottle of chocolate syrup and a paintbrush.
- Chocolate dipped strawberries.
- Heart shaped crackers, your partner's favorite cheese
and bottle of wine.
- Two champagne glasses filled with Hershey's Kisses
and a glass of champagne or sparkling cider.
- Make snow-kissed strawberries. Sprinkle them with
- Using pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough, make a
batch of cookies.
- Purchase your partner's favorite cookies, and some
decorator icing gel. Write love messages on the cookies using the gel.
- Get a bag of Hershey's Kisses and/or Hugs, colored
cellophane, curling ribbon and a card. Wrap the Kisses with the cellophane
and tie with the curling ribbon. Inside the card write, "I'm saving all my
kisses for you."
- Purchase a pound cake and strawberry jam. Cut the
pound cake in half lengthwise. On one half spread the strawberry jam, then
place the other half on top. You can decorate the top of the cake with strawberries
or dust with powdered sugar.
Two cans of whip cream (one chocolate
and one regular) and a blindfold.
The Gift of Time...
How much time have you spent with your
partner lately? Not sitting on the sofa watching TV or over dinner, but real
one-on-one time. It's amazing how much a little "private" time can
help improve even the best of relationships. In the spirit of the quote by Torquato
Tasso, "Any time not spent on love is wasted," I implore you to give
your partner the most precious gifts of all... your time. Just in case ideas
seem to be lacking on how to give your time, I've come up with a few suggestions:
Firstly, make it easier to spend a few
minutes here and there talking by taking advantage of everyday actions. The
perfect opportunity maybe in taking a few minutes before getting out of the
car to go somewhere. Lean over and kiss your partner and tell them you love
them. Then, ask how their day was or how they're doing. Call your partner up
every so often, even if you live together, and just talk for a few minutes like
old friends. Before you go to bed is also a great time to spend together. Talk
about your goals and dreams and snuggle together.
Every once in a while, take the day off
or call in sick and just hang out together. Or, if you have kids, hire a nanny
for the day or enlist a friend or family member to watch them, and go for a
walk or have a picnic. Try to keep to activities that promote talking, unlike
movies or concerts, etc.
Another fun way to promote one-on-one
time is to find a hobby you can both do together, like gardening, doing puzzles,
working with miniature trains, cooking, playing music, hobby cars, watercolors,
photography, etc. A past love and I, for a short time, found a great way to
work together by doing woodcrafts. I designed the craft, he cut them out and
we painted them together. For Christmas we had a fabulous collection of keepsakes
that not only we admired (and had a blast creating) but so did our friends and
family. With a little creativity and joint effort you can find the perfect hobby
for you both.
When was the last time you both went
out on a date? If it's been awhile, institute a date night. Ask your love out
to a specific place, with a specific time to be ready. If you date quite often,
make it an "at home" date. A picnic in the living room or a complete
night snuggled in bed might be the perfect thing for you.
Lastly, when you're both bored and have
no idea what to do, get up, light a few candles, break out any old board or
card games, order a pizza and play. Even if you don't play for very long, it's
still a perfect way to provide a little one-on-one time. Remember the words
of Henry Van Dyke, "Time is... too slow for those who wait, too swift for
those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice;
but for those who love, time is eternity".
Gifts That Fit In An Envelope
While we all would love to send
large gift packages or presents to our online or long distance loves, sometimes
it just isn't practical. That doesn't mean, however, that your gift can't
be romantic or thoughtful! Below are 15 gifts to send your partner that are
perfect for mailing in an envelope.
- A gift certificate to their favorite store.
- A phone card to talk to you with.
- A list of 101 reasons why you love your partner.
- Why send just one letter? Send a card every day
for a week.
- Send an original love poem.
- Write your love story. Print it out on paper with
a graphical background such as clouds.
- If your love has a computer, create a series of
love graphics and send him the disk for them.
- Have a friend take pictures of you in silly or
romantic poses. Glue captions to your favorites and send your love the finished
- Press a dozen roses onto index cards. With each
rose include a reason why you love your partner or a love quote.
- Give your partner a list of reasons why you are
glad they were born.
- Send copies of articles that would interest your
- Send them a copy of their astrological chart.
- Give them love coupons.
- Every week send them one essay on something about
- Send them a "ransom-style" love letter.
When you send your gift, take extra
care in decorating it so your partner will have something to look forward to
when they see it. Spray your perfume or cologne on the envelope. Decorate it
with stickers or cute drawings. Use your imagination!
Sweet Places To Leave
Let's face it, ...no matter what
mood you're in, it's always a delightful surprise to find a hidden love note
somewhere. The next time you want to show your amorous side, think about leaving
a little "I love you" or a "You're sexy!" love note someplace special and unexpected.
For ideas on where to place them, see below:
- Inside your partner's towel.
- Inside a book your love is currently reading.
- Taped behind a cupboard.
- Behind your partner's car sun visor.
- On their pillow.
- Inside their shoe.
- Taped to their favorite beverage.
- The bottom (outside) of a clear glass.
- Hanging on a doorknob.
- Taped on the backside of the remote control.
- Inside the microwave. (Where they'll immediately see
- Inside your partner's wallet or purse.
- Laminated in a bubble bath.
- Very large, taped on an outside window.
- Attached to your love's key chain.
- In your mailbox.
- On the ceiling, above your bed.
- In your partner's drawer.
- Inside a CD or movie sleeve.
- Inside your love's favorite coffee cup.
...naughty things under Your
Take advantage of an often overlooked
romantic spot! The following items can easily be slipped, without notice, under
your love's pillow!
- love coupons
- a love letter
- invitation to a romantic encounter
- "love" cuffs
- favorite magazine
- a love card
- plastic quote or inspirational card
- tickets to an event/place
- a pressed flower
- a love poem
- small pocket book of love quotes, love letters, etc.
- love journal
- thin wrapped chocolates
- hints to a treasure hunt
- 20 reasons why you love them
- very sexy underwear
- a picture of both of you
- an engagement ring
- Hershey's Kisses
- tape or CD with love songs that you both love
- a small bottle of sensual massage oil or lotion
- a sexy new piece of lingerie
- a photo of yourself, so they can have sweet dreams!
- a small bottle of their favorite fragrance
- a little teddy bear
- a key (to your heart!!)
- hints to a treasure hunt.
- a postcard of a place you are going to take them
- a picture of a puppy you bought them
- a picture of yourself in sexy attire
- a piece of paper with a lipstick kiss on it
- a silver locket
- a new, favorite CD they want
Use the following ideas to create
truly romantic coupons you can give your sweetheart :
- Good for a manicure at a local salon
- This coupon entitles the holder to one canlelight
dinner (with the issuer of the coupon) at the most romantic restaurant in
- The coupon-giver will treat you to a gourmet breakfast
on any Sunday.
- Good for one afternoon of window shopping with the
coupon giver. Transportation and lunch included. Wishing and dreaming are
- This entitles you to a night of watching shooting
- In addition to providing you with a heart-shaped
box of chocolates and a dozen red roses, the coupon issuer will treat you
like the unique, special, wonderful person you are.
- This coupon allows you to celebrate the second Valentine's
day of the year. The date is yours to pick! Complete with roses, chocolate,
- The coupon giver promises to fulfill one sexual fantasy
of the coupon holder's choosing.
- Redeemable for a relaxing afternoon in a quiet meadow.
Picnic and romantic companionship provided.
- An evening of dancing. Kick up your heels for a night
- Good for three wishes. Coupon-giver will satisfy
any wish you have (wishes must be legal, affordalbel, and possible to perform).
- Redeemable for $100 worth of shopping spree at the
nearest lingerie store.
- This entitles you to a sensuous, extended lovemaking
with the coupon-issuer. Time requirement: minimum 3 hours.
- Coupon of candlelight, champagne, bubblebath, and
one wet and willing partner.
- This coupon entitles you to a soothing foot massage
given by the coupon-issuer. To last a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Reddemable for a stress-releasing back massage. Includes
scented body lotion and 30 minutes of deep muscle massage.
- Good for one session of erotic massage in the bedroom.
Clothing optional, but foreplay is mandatory ;-)
- You define "wonderful" and the coupon-giver fulfills
that description next Saturday.