Life without friends means living life in the world of isolation. Friendship is important for many reasons. Friends not only bring love but also build a comfort zone around us. Friends remain close through good times and times of crisis. Friendships enrich our lives. Friendship Day is celebrated to honour the true sprit of friendship. It gives us an opportunity to show our appreciation to friends for their love and care. A few suggestions on how to celebrate Friendship Day and show your friends they are special...
- Write a nice card for your friend telling them how much you appreciate their friendship. Spill out your heart to them as though there is no tomorrow.
- Buy or make them a small present - flowers, chocolates, a cake, a dreamcatcher or anything that catches your imagination! Consider leaving the gift anonymously for added intrigue!
- Hug someone, preferably your friend!
- Make a point to call every one of your friends on Friendship Day to let them know you care
- Make your friend a tape of all the songs that define your friendship (or ones that you just happen to mutually like!)
- Submit a Friendship Tribute to your friend to be posted on the web.
- Call all those old friends you haven't spoken to in ages.. remember the girl scout motto: "Make new friends and keep the old, one is silver and the other gold"!
- Send your friend a greeting online using Happy Friendship Day Tribute or Care2.
- Make a special friendship book for your best friend. Include photos, quotes and poetry telling your friends how special they are.
- Invite your closest buddies over for a sleepover! Rent some movies and pig out on popcorn, chocolate and all forms of unhealthy food! Bring some blankets outside and watch the stars.
- Plan a special day with your best friend or friendship group. A picnic is always a fun idea, and great for all ages. If you're physically-inclined, try an activity such as bowling, golf, rollerblading, cricket or going to the beach.
- If busy during the day, plan to go out to dinner with your friend(s). Dress up in your finest and have a fun night that's different from the norm.
- Host a Friendship Dinner Party!
- Write your friend a webpage to express your friendship online
- Ring up a radio station and dedicate a song to Friendship Day and your friends!
- Make some new friends by becoming a doer of RAOK - Random Acts of Kindness
- Buy your friend a ticket to the theatre so you can enjoy a great show together. If you can't afford this, downscale to the movies!
- Give your friend a Friendship Bracelet (made or bought) to symbolise your friendship
- Grab a camera or visit a photo machine and take some photos of you & your friends enjoying yourselves!