300 gm Basmati rice
100 gm sugar
50 gm cashew nuts (chopped)
50 gm raisins (soak in water)
1 bay leaf
2 teaspoon cinnamon powder (dalchini)
2 teaspoon nutmeg powder (jaiphal)
A pinch of saffron
1/2 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of ghee (clarified butter)
How to make Sweet Pulao:
1. Boil the water and add rice and half cook it.
2. Drain the water and spread the half-cooked rice in a broad and flat utensil
3. Take half cup of milk and mixed the saffron in it and keep aside.
4. Heat the ghee in a pan, add bay leaf for sauté.
5. Add pre-cooked rice and fry it well.
6. Add cinnamon-nutmeg powder, cashew, raisins, salt, sugar and mix properly.
7. Add saffron milk and cook it for 10 min in a low flame with cover.
8. When the rice becomes soft, turn off the gas.
9. Enjoy Sweet pulao with any spicy side dish.