Getting Psyched For Back To School
- About 2 weeks before school starts: Begin going to bed and getting up on a school scedule.
- The weekend before school starts: Don't make any stressful plans for big events or trips.
- Don't forget to check out that bus schedule!
- Call your school or organization and get the facts about fall sports teams and social clubs. Don't be late or miss something!
- Make sure to get all immunizations and physicals completed.
- Make a master list of Mom and Dads phone numbers along with doctors and emergency numbers. You are sure to need these several times.
- If you have medical concerns make sure to meet with the school nurse prior to the first day. Especially if medicine must be given at school.
- Get a couple of rolls of quarters and dimes. Put them in the cabinet so you don't have to hunt for change at the last minute.
- Make a check list of items easily forgotten at the last minute and hang it in an obvious place.
- Put up several hooks for backpacks, jackets, and lunch boxes. Don't hang them too High!
- Make up some freezeable lunch and breakfast items for those crazy days. Thaw and nuke!
- Label, Label, Label; All items that will be taken to school or worn and taken off at school!
- Make a list of rules and adjustments for school days: Homework schedule, tv schedule, bath time, bed time etc...
- Make sure to arrange afterschool daycare!
- Save 35 mm film canisters for change in lunchbox.
- Try to set up a time to meet the teacher; some schools provide this occasion.
- Go over school rules with your child.
- Make a calendar to place in a visible spot; fill in events and school vacation days.
- Make a special box for your children to place forms from school which need special attention.